Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Funtime is donetime

I really hate it when holidays come to an end, and although some may argue my life is just one long holiday, these last couple of weeks have been sooo much fun, I just wanna go back to when everybody were free and nobody had to work (except sometimes Becci & Christina) and we all just went out and walked about, ate, drank, sang (oh yes, we did! I bet Kathryn that I'd go sing KTV with them if she had some tequila shots with me. I can't even start to tell you the levels of how bad of an idea that ended up being...) danced - and so on.

But, alas! The lunar year celebrations have come to an end. And even with my previously expressed joys of spring appearing in the city, getting up early in the morning is amongst the things I hate the most in the world - they've done studies on it, whoever they are - and it seems some people just aren't cut out for getting up early, it's in our genes/blood/dna or whatever. Musj!

Things I had to do today;
- Nothing
(Well, maybe yoga, like I promised myself last night, but to... My(???) defence, I was insomniac and desperate...)

Things I have to do tomorrow;
- Dentist
- Wash a million clothes
- Chinese Class
- Yoga
- Quiz
(Get drunk at Pyro/Propaganda with friends, although that's hardly a chore)

I know it probably doesn't seem like the worst day in the world, but after weeks of just overindulging it is always hard to go back to... Well, following routines, I guess. Plus I am allergic to being told what to do, even if I know I have to do them... Gotta work on that.

Anyway, J and I made hamburgers (from scratch of course) for dinner, watched more Hells Kitchen and had a lot of fun all day long... Until it was time to do the dishes. It is quite obvious that after prepping for super yummy burgers with every accessory under the moon - in a Chinese kitchen - the mess was unbearable. After a lot of bad communication J went to bed, and I'm stuck with the rest of the dishes, and I am really, really, REALLY bad at washing up. But still - it is kind of ironic that we're so deep into Hells Kitchen at the moment and then start bitching to each other IN the kitchen.

Soo... Now I'm just gonna have one more glass of Shiraz, finish the dishes, and go to bed, because you don't wanna be jumpy when your dentist hardly would have understood a word you were saying - if he already didn't have his hands in you mouth.

Sleep tight! I hope I will as well!

(And although I know I've been complaining a lot now, I am really still thrilled deep down, because the window is open, it is no longer pm, but am - and spring is STILL in the Beijing air!)

No comments:

Post a Comment