Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pheeeeeew!

Brushing your teeth actually DO pay off!!! Yey! I still have to go back and do an X-ray on something, but all in all she said it looked very good! Thank GOD! I had one tiny hole, and that was it - but it was tiiiiny - like this dot; .

So, I felt relieved to say the least, the dentist actually spoke quite good english, too. It is located on the other side of the road to the CCTV Hotel, that caught fire from fireworks on Monday. It was a horrible sight, this huge building all black and charcoaly and falling apart - it is such a shame, and although it is surprising by the look of the fire, it "only" caused one death and six injuries - but even if the damage could have been far greater, it is still just so tragic.
When I was finished at the dentist I took a taxi home. Or, more like - I ATTEMPTED to take a taxi home. Only, he didn't know my street, so I asked him to drive me to the closest "Main" road - Gongti Beilu. When we were just about aproaching Yashow, i was all "you, you, you" - which means right - only my computer doesn't really have a shortcut for the tone-mark. So he pulled up and stopped. At Yashow. I explained to him that "Nono, you in the NEXT street" - but he absolutely refused, and so I just paid him the 11 kuai and started walking home.

First of all, let me just pat my own shoulder for NOT going into Yashow... (I actually only wanna go with Kathryn now, she is such an amazing haggler...) Then, I went to a grocery store with a lot of imported foods that is less expensive than April's, Jenny Lou's and so on - to see if they had Mascarpone - but they DIDN'T. Musj. (It is across the street from the Police Station by The Village in Sanlitun, but I don't know what it is called.)

So, I just started walking home, quite annoyed actually - and then - spring came again to bless my day - the dumpling joint on the corner has put out chairs and tables on the sidewalk!!! It looked so pretty with all the different stools in different colours just out on the sidewalk, I really should have taken a picture, but my camera has gone to ****. I have to get a new one at some point.

But for now, I'll let you see what I look like, when I haven't eaten all morning because of the dentist, and then am told I have good dental hygiene, and am starving, AND realise there is a Subway in my dentist's building. Funny how I don't even like Subway normally - but I was just so hungry! I ate it like a caveman the moment I came home - after washing my hands of course. You can never wash your hands to many times in Beijing.Holy shit. I need some of that "removes rings under eyes"-tea from a TCM pharmacy PRONTO... Or/and a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment